Friday, March 28, 2014

DeSean Jackson denies having gang ties after being cut by Eagles

Nate Davis,
USA TODAY Sports
(Photo: David Butler II, USA TODAY Sports)
In a stunning move, the +Philadelphia Eagles released +NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson on Friday.

The team issued the following statement: "After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today."

Jackson's departure came shortly after The (Newark) Star-Ledger published a story Friday suggesting he was affiliated with a gang in Los Angeles.

+Carolina Panthers' RIVERA: 'We'd be interested' in Jackson

Reaction to Jackson's release

Jackson subsequently issued a statement that reads in part: "I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible.

Eagles GM: We Only Care About Winning

"I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions.

"These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."


Following his release, Jackson also tweeted: "Steady GRind Mode God Got the Plan !! Not Me." He included a picture of himself running on a track.
+New York Jets are interested in DeSean Jackson if he is released.

One of Jackson's former teammates didn't exactly pan the news on social media.
Philadelphia center Jason Kelce tweeted: "We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

"Good luck with whatever team you end up with DeseanJackson10!"

Jackson, 27, had been rumored to be on the trading blocks for weeks. But he inferred Monday on Twitter that he gleaned from a recent conversation with coach Chip Kelly that he would remain with the Eagles.

"Good to talk to Big Chip today!!! Say or hear what ya want!! Picture speaks for itself!! Winner," Jackson tweeted.

Kelly addressed Jackson's standing Wednesday at the +NFL meetings in Orlando.

MORE EAGLES NEWS: Sanchez signs contract Friday

"I talked to DeSean and when you deal with situations like that it's coach to player, player to coach,'' Kelly said. "We had a good conversation. We're always going to do what's best for the football team. ... I like DeSean. He did a really nice job for us.

"He knows where he stands with us. And I know where I stand with him.''

Original story posted and courtesy of +USA TODAY Sports: http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2014/03/28/desean-jackson-released-philadelphia/7011703/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting Sports CR3W Inc. (App). All rights reserved on the logo and intellectual property of "CR3W." Any misuse or republication without written consent and full, legal, and proper attribution will be susceptible to the full extent of the law on license/copyright infringement.

We are available via twitter @SportsCR3W, G+ page name & community (page response is faster) and also on facebook.com/sportsCR3W... Please allow 48 hours to respond via email or get your message. If you would like a quicker one, twitter and G+ will probably yield a quicker result.

Aside from that, pop up a comment or two and get the discussion running where 7 or 8 out of 10 posters are just trolling. This is for passionate, even opinionated sports aficianados, but it is also for those that know better than to troll along and be a rough and tough one on a keyboard. Enjoy things instead of negativity all the time. LIFE'S GOOD 'BRUH!

Thank you,
Dedicated members from Sports CR3W, affiliation with myCR3W Inc (Apps), a registered trademark and all right reserved.